Removing a stuck headphone jack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Removing a stuck headphone jack

Post  Verax on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:19 pm

If anyone knows a way to remove a stuck headphone jack from a laptop that doesn't include glue, tweezers or replacing the circuit board, I would love you forever (well, maybe) if you could share that with me.

Verax

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing a stuck headphone jack

Post  xSwimmieX on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:17 am

Could you post a picture of the jack, or how it's stuck?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

xSwimmieX

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelly_girl on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:18 pm

Why don't you try pulling it out with all your might? I think you've already tried it. If you fail this time, try try again! :-)
Okay, getting serious. Just hand it over to an electronic shop or something- i'm sure they'd help you out.

Lovelly_girl

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoniee on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:43 pm

Id also suggest you send it to some electronic shop. I dont think itd cost that much.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

thedoniee

Back to top Go down

Post  Verax on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:01 pm

I can't pull it out, because it's stuck so far inside that I can't even touch it. But thanks anyways!
Also, I don't really have the money to pay 500$ at an electronic shop for replacing/overhauling the motherboard. If so, I will pay 300$ and do it myself instead. I was just wondering if anyone had some handy tricks except that Wink

Verax

Back to top Go down

Post  eliment on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:25 pm

@thedoniee wrote:Id also suggest you send it to some electronic shop. I dont think itd cost that much.

That is what I was going to say, by doing it yourself you are risking further damage.
Oh and what ever you do no magnets near a laptop it sends it hay wire.

eliment

Back to top Go down

Post  Verax on Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:57 pm

@eliment wrote:That is what I was going to say, by doing it yourself you are risking further damage.

I guess I risked further damage then Laughing
But yeah, I fixed it by plucking the headset port on the motherboard apart, then take out the jack and put everything back together.

Verax

Back to top Go down

Post  eliment on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:04 pm

You are lucky you didn't destroy it. Making the only use for it is throwing it at someone you don't like.

eliment

Back to top Go down

Post  Verax on Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:43 pm

@eliment wrote:You are lucky you didn't destroy it. Making the only use for it is throwing it at someone you don't like.

I know what I'm doing when it comes to computers though, so I'm not really lucky. I will just keep the broken jack as a memory or something.

Verax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum