Swearing

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Swearing

Post  Verax on Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:45 am

@Lovelly_girl wrote:Wow, i lack knowledge when it comes to topics such as these..I have to get my facts straight!
And thanks for a brief explanation, by the way

You're welcome.

Verax

Back to top Go down

Post  xSwimmieX on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:05 am

I talked to Sash and Don about this, and they responded to me in the negative; damn is not a swear work.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

xSwimmieX

Back to top Go down

Post  Verax on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:16 pm

@xSwimmieX wrote:I talked to Sash and Don about this, and they responded to me in the negative; damn is not a swear work.

Per definition, damn, as a noun, is a curse or a swear word. Don and Sash can say what they want - I have more faith in the dictionary.

Verax

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoniee on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:33 pm

There's no need to be rude Verax. What Mino meant is that it is allowed to be used in the forums.
I hope that explains it for everyone.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

thedoniee

Back to top Go down

Post  Verax on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:57 pm

damn is not a swear work.
This is a false statement. I simply replied that this is false if you look it up in a dictionary.

@thedoniee wrote:There's no need to be rude Verax. What Mino meant is that it is allowed to be used in the forums.
I hope that explains it for everyone.
There was nothing rude in what I wrote there. If Mino wrote something wrong, then I should not be blamed for that. Because Mino said something that is wrong in that post.

So, techincally speaking, we are allowed to swear at this site?

Verax

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoniee on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:12 pm

Then Im afraid how you define 'rude' is wrong.

However, no you are not allowed to swear. You can use the word 'damn' since its not usually used for offending someone but rather to express frustration. Also, this word is not as bad as the other ones, thats why it is allowed.

Now it is clear. Topic locked!

thedoniee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum