A small suggestion, i suppose..?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A small suggestion, i suppose..?

Post  Lovelly_girl on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:57 pm

I really don't know if i should be posting this in THIS sub-forum ,but i didn't know where else to suggest my thoughts. I know i may offend a few people, but trust me, i'm just voicing out what i think.

Okay, so the thing is, i don't really like the topics getting locked without the owner's permission. Like, imagine i made a topic, here in help. The minimod imediately locks the topic right after a few posts, and that's sort of annoying. I've witnessed it a lot of times. They lock the topics without even telling you.
What i'm trying to say is, PLEASE don't lock ANY topic without asking the owner's permission. You might object that none of this happened, but please recall.
If you want to kick me out of this place for saying anything rude, feel free to do so.

Lovelly_girl

Back to top Go down

Re: A small suggestion, i suppose..?

Post  Semicolon; on Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:05 pm

I personally agree with this, and I myself am a member of the staff.
Of course, unless the topic is one in which things are getting out of hand, or has inappropriate content, then yes it should be locked, but if it's because they assume that the discussion is over, it should not happen.

Thank you for voicing your opinion. I'll be sure to speak with the rest of the staff about this.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Semicolon;

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelly_girl on Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Yes, i agree with you on the impropriate thing. And thanks for acknowledging my post.
And i have another question. Why has my inbox disappeared?I can't find it anywhere!

Lovelly_girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Semicolon; on Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:45 pm

The last time that Juliec was making to the changes, it suddenly vanished? We're waiting for him to come back to he can fix it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Semicolon;

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelly_girl on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:02 pm

I see. I hope he does something soon.
Anyways, thanks so much for your help, Sash.

Lovelly_girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Verax on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:54 pm

@Lovelly_girl wrote:Yes, i agree with you on the impropriate thing. And thanks for acknowledging my post.
And i have another question. Why has my inbox disappeared?I can't find it anywhere!

You can force back the inbox through the use of code snippets that runs in the background and change the site source to show the inbox button. I mentioned it briefly in another topic specifically about this.

Verax

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoniee on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:10 pm

You are right about topics being locked without owners' permission.
However, topics such as in Bloom 4ever (not always tho) and HELP! can be locked without their permission.
Thats because, when someone asks for something, they are answered.

When something you asked for is answered in that topic, it can be locked. If you have any other questions, you should create another topic.
Also, if a topic is getting old in any of these areas, theyre going to get locked for the same reason.

Id like to add that, most of the time such topics are locked, is to prevent things going off topic/getting out of hand.

You are in no way offending anyone by asking/suggesting such a thing and you are not getting banned for such a thing either. It is completely fine!

You can find your inbox here.

thedoniee

Back to top Go down

Post  eliment on Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:50 pm

In help they tend to get locked when the problem is solved and there is no longer a need for it.

eliment

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum