sorry dumb

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sorry dumb

Post  Aisha23458 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:23 am

Soory that this is a dumb question but:
I acidentily gave my computer a virus and can't work it so how can i upload pictures on x box or a moblie phone?

Aisha23458

Back to top Go down

Re: sorry dumb

Post  Verax on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:06 am

@Aisha23458 wrote:Soory that this is a dumb question but:
I acidentily gave my computer a virus and can't work it so how can i upload pictures on x box or a moblie phone?

You could fix your computer. Try booting in safe mode (WoW cmd, depending on the virus). Simply start in the task manager, track down a shady process, terminate it, and link that process up to the register and delete it there.

Verax

Back to top Go down

Post  Musa_Eyre on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:06 am

Well, you could try: www.tinypic.com

It works for mobile phones. Press "Choose File" & it'll ask if you want to choose an existing photo or take the photo/video.

Then, upload.

Musa_Eyre

Back to top Go down

Post  eliment on Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:20 pm

Do a virous sweep on your computer, what ever you do don't turn or reset the computer before you do it other wise it can get into all of your files. If that won't pick up the virous you will need to back up everything you want to keep and take it in to have it removed.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

eliment

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisha23458 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:02 am

My computer take atleast a day to just turnon

Aisha23458

Back to top Go down

Post  eliment on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:13 am

It sounds like it might need taking in to be checked by someone who knows what they are doing.

Virouses and memory space effect loading times.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

eliment

Back to top Go down

Post  Verax on Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:07 pm

@eliment wrote:It sounds like it might need taking in to be checked by someone who knows what they are doing.

Virouses and memory space effect loading times.

There are a lot more factors to that. Load times depends on if you have an HDD or an SSD, your RAM, HDD space, general bus speed of the computer, the CPU and active processes and their use of memory. Viruses that are meant to slow down everything usually creates processes that takes shitloads of memory and runs all the time in order to crash everything or massively slow it down. Do note that there are viruses that run silently in the background, simply maintaining backdoors for hackers to use to steal sensitive data.

However, if you do have problem with booting, check startup processes, HDD space, allocated RAM on the computer, SSD contra HDD and boot settings on BIOS. Usually, slow boots are a result of many startup processes and small amounts of RAM, not viruses. Actually, not too many viruses today are made to slow down your computer. That is a thing of the past. Today, viruses are designed to set up backdoors, in order to steal data. If they want to be malicious today, they don't want to slow everything down; they want to destroy it. This can be done by encrypting or deleting system files, locking your browser (these viruses are usually cryptolockers). So the goal for destructive viruses today is to destroy permanent, not just slow things down. And if it is one of the good ol' slow horses, your AV should be able to get rid of it. If not, you should really consider changing your AV.

Verax

Back to top Go down

Post  eliment on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:08 pm

The hacking ones you need to be carful about I have had my web cam activated and that was due to a hacking virus it was spotted when Nortan was updated. And some turn your computer back on.

Spy wear can really slow down the internet compared to what it was and a lot of free down loads are on them, so taking off the last free download can sometimes speed it back up. Then there is games if you don't have a lap top what costs around £1000 you won't have the gaming memory, if you have a few downloads like the Sims it will evenchlly slow things down. Not as slow as you have it throw. Pictures use a lot of memary, also check the recycle bin and get rid of things in there.

eliment

Back to top Go down

Post  Verax on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:12 pm

@eliment wrote:The hacking ones you need to be carful about I have had my web cam activated and that was due to a hacking virus it was spotted when Nortan was updated. And some turn your computer back on.

Spy wear can really slow down the internet compared to what it was and a lot of free down loads are on them, so taking off the last free download can sometimes speed it back up. Then there is games if you don't have a lap top what costs around £1000 you won't have the gaming memory, if you have a few downloads like the Sims it will evenchlly slow things down. Not as slow as you have it throw. Pictures use a lot of memary, also check the recycle bin and get rid of things in there.

Again, if you red what I wrote: most viruses today won't slow down your computer, instead they will try to destroy as much as possible (if it falls into that category of viruses, that is). Today, most viruses will try to either destroy or hack in order to steal or encrypt files on your computer.

The Sims is a program installed on the computer, not a download. And today, the HDDs usually have more than enough space for games n stuff. Even if you have 25 games, it won't really slow down your computer on a wide scale.

Pictures does not use a lot of memory either. To give you the scope: most computers today have 4 GBs RAM, and 500-1000 GB HDD space. A picture can take everything from a couple of kilobytes up to many megabytes. They are also loaded and unloaded on the fly as you open and close them, and it doesn't use any amounts of RAM considered huge by far. As for HDD space:
- 1kb = 1024 bytes
- 1mb = 1 048 576 bytes
- 1gb = 1 073 741 824 bytes.

If every picture at an average takes 1mb to store, you get 1024 picture on each gigabyte. This means that on a 500GB HDD you can have about 512000 pictures stored. Again, considering that every picture loads on the fly, the RAM won't take a tall if you don't open 200 pictures at the same time.

Verax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum